Friday, October 28, 2011

Succulent arrangement

This was my most challenging attempt in putting together a succulent arrangement yet. We got a wire basket from Western Massachusetts that I layered with sphagnum moss and filled with potting soil. Then I carefully inserted tiny cuttings of Graptopetalums and small Aeoniums into the sides through the small spaces. Some of them made it, others just fell off without much support. But overall, I was pretty pleased with the way it somehow came together. Over the main opening, what I call the 'well', I potted the larger cuttings and plants such as Crassulas and Echeverias together to add some height to the arrangement. And finally, some lovely Senecios and Sedums that would cascade over the borders over time. I'm hoping this would stay healthy, at least as long as the wire basket stays intact!

No comments:

Post a Comment